Gluten Free Sweet Potato Fried Chicken
- 1/2 cup Healthier Way Sweet Potato Flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspon gluten free baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 - 4 chicken breasts cut into strips or nuggets
- Ground black pepper and turmeric to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, until combined, to form the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 - 370 dgrees F. If shallow frying heat half inch of oil in a frying pan on a medium - high heat.
- Dip the chicken into the batter until completely covered and then carefully place the chicken in the hot oil.
- Cook, turning occasionally for about 5 - 6 minutes, until golden.
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately.